GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: S. Kuraly (9), O. Bjorkstrand (20), PP – J. Roslovic (10), P. Laine (22)
Toronto: I. Mikheyev (10), M. Marner (22), A. Matthews (40), A. Kerfoot (9), M. Bunting (20)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (28 saves, L)
Toronto: P. Mrazek (31 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell to 10-5-2 in the last 17 games and have recorded points in ten of their last 14 contests (8-4-2) after tonight’s regulation loss.
- Toronto won the season series with Columbus going 1-2-0 in the series.
- The winning team in the all-time series has scored three-plus goals in 20-straight games and four-plus in each of the last nine meetings.
- Columbus recorded four-plus goals for the seventh time in the last ten games and is 23-4-1 when scoring four goals or more in a contest this season.
- With two assists by defensemen tonight, CBJ now have 128 points by blueliners this season.
- The Blue Jackets scored a power play goal for the second-straight game and now have PPGs in three of the last four games (4-of-10; 40.0 pct).
- CBJ fell to 3-1-0 when their game has been on ESPN+/Hulu this season.
- The Blue Jackets also fell to 3-2-0 in Monday games this season.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Sean Kuraly scored the Blue Jackets first goal of the night to give him points in three-straight games (1-3-4). With 9-13-22 in 56 appearances, he also set a single-season career high in goals and is one point from tying his career high in points (2019-20).
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand scored his fifth goal in the last seven games (5-2-7) to give him points in five consecutive contests (4-1-5) and in 11 of the last 14 outings (8-4-12). He has recorded 20 goals for the third time in his career (20-20-40 in 55 GP).
· C Gustav Nyquist recorded his fifth multi-assist and 10th multi-point outing with two assists, giving him points in two consecutive games (1-2-3). He now has 4-9-13 in the last 17 games and 10-14-24 with eight multi-point efforts in 30 games since Dec. 16.
· LW Patrik Laine scored a goal to give him points in four consecutive games (3-3-6). He now has 16-11-27 and ten multi-point outings in the last 17 games (22-20-42 in 38 GP).
· C Max Domi tallied his fourth multi-assist game and sixth multi-point of the season with two assists. He now has 0-4-4 in the last four games (9-19-28 in 47 GP).
· RW Jakub Voracek recorded an assist to give him points in two-straight games (1-2-3). He has 1-10-11 in the last ten contests.
· C Jack Roslovic scored a goal and has 2-4-6 in the last seven contests and 10-16-26 in 56 outings in 2021-22.
· D Andrew Peeke registered his 10th assist of the campaign on Bjorkstrand’s second period goal (1-10-11 in 57 GP).
· With one assist in tonight’s game, D Zach Werenski (74-150-224, 386 GP), surpassed Seth Jones (50-173-223, 381 GP) for the most career points in CBJ history among blueliners. He now has points in two consecutive outings (1-1-2) and 3-11-14 in his last 15 appearances (9-26-35 in 51 GP).
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS