GAME AT A GLANCE
Calgary: M. Backlund (5), A. Mangiapane (19), M. Tkachuk (19), E. Lindholm (14), E. Gudbranson (1), M. Tkachuk (20)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (56 saves, L)
Calgary: J. Markstrom (23 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell for their third-straight game in tonight’s shutout loss.
- Columbus is now 6-6-1 in the last 13 contests at Nationwide Arena.
- Calgary has won five-straight games in the series (CBJ; 0-4-1) since Dec. 4, 2018 after CBJ went 13-4-2 vs. Calgary from Nov. 28, 2009-Mar. 29, 2018.
- The Flames have won five of the last six games at Nationwide Arena dating back to Jan. 21, 2016.
- The winning team in the series has recorded three-plus goals in each of the last six meetings.
- The Blue Jackets fell to 2-3-0 in the first game of back-to-back sets this season (overall 3-6-0). The club closes out its fifth set on Thursday vs. the Rangers.
- CBJ killed off all three of the Flames’ power play attempts tonight, including a 5-on-3 attempt for 1:16. The club has killed off 26-of-28 (92.9%) opponent power play attempts over the last eight games since January 8. Columbus has allowed just one power play goal in the last five home games over that span, killing off 18-of-19 opponent power play chances (94.7%).
- Columbus played its third Wednesday game of the season (2-1-0).
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· G Elvis Merzlikins stopped a new career-high, and franchise-record, 56 shots on Wednesday (previously 41 – 2x; MR: 4/27/21 vs. DET).
· RW Jakub Voracek recorded a team-high five shots on goal.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand and D Vladislav Gavrikov led the club in hits with each recording four.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Thursday, January 27 vs. NY Rangers – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Friday, January 28 No Practice
Saturday, January 29 Practice – 11am ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS