GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: O. Bjorkstrand (3), G. Hofmann (1), Z. Werenski (2), EN – A. Texier (2)
Dallas: T. Seguin (2)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (31 saves, W)
Dallas: B. Holtby (22 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets improved to 4-2-0 with tonight’s 4-1 regulation win.
- It’s the club’s fourth win at home this season (4-1-0, 8pts) and is the best record in the first five home games of a season in franchise history in both wins and points. The previous best was three wins (six times) and seven points, recorded in 2009-10 and 2007-08 (3-1-1).
- CBJ have posted points in four-straight home game vs. the Stars (3-0-1) and are 10-2-2 vs. the club at Nationwide Arena since Jan. 28, 2013 following tonight’s victory. Columbus improved to 17-6-2 in the series overall since the 2012-13 season.
- The Blue Jackets killed off all three of the Stars’ power plays tonight and have now denied 17-of-21 opponent power plays this season (81.0 pct).
- Columbus failed to connect on the power play on four opportunities tonight. It’s the first time this season that the club did not record a power play goal in the five games it was awarded a power play attempt (did not have an attempt on Oct. 16 vs. Seattle).
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand registered his third multi-point game of the campaign with a goal and an assist. The assist on Hofmann’s second period goal was the 100th of his NHL career. He leads the team in assists and points with 3-6-9 in five contests.
· C Gregory Hofmann notched his first career NHL goal and multi-point game with a goal and an assist. He now has 1-2-3 in his first six NHL outings.
· D Zach Werenski recorded his second multi-point game of the campaign with a goal and an assist. He ranks second-T on the club in points with 2-4-6 in six games.
· C Sean Kuraly notched his first point as a Blue Jacket with an assist on Werenski’s third period goal.
· C Alexandre Texier scored his second goal of the season on an empty net late in the third period.
· C Jack Roslovic tallied his third assist of the season on Bjorkstrand’s first period tally and now has 0-3-3 in six games.
· LW Eric Robinson recorded his first assist of the campaign on Werenski’s goal (1-1-2 in six contests).
· G Elvis Merzlikins stopped 31-of-32 shots (.969 SV%) to improve to 4-0-0 on the campaign. He tied the franchise record for the longest win streak to start a season, joining Joonas Korpisalo (2018-19) and Sergei Bobrovsky (2017-18).
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, October 26 Day Off
Wednesday, October 27 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Thursday, October 28 Practice – 11am ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS