COLUMBUS 2-2-2, 6 POINTS OVERALL, HOME, 1-0-1, 3 POINTS
TAMPA BAY 3-0-1, 6 POINTS OVERALL, AWAY, 1-1-0, 2 POINTS
BOX SCORE 1 2 3 FINAL
CBJ 3 0 2 5
TB 2 0 0 2
GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: N. Foligno (3), M. Grigorenko (1), V. Gavrikov (1), Z. Werenski (1), EN – E. Robinson (1)
Tampa Bay: V. Hedman (1), PP – O. Palat (3)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (30 saves, W)
Tampa Bay: A. Vasilevskiy (23 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- Columbus stretched its point streak to four-straight games (2-0-2) with Saturday’s win.
- The Blue Jackets picked up points for the third straight home game against the Lightning (1-0-2) and won the two-game series three points to two.
- CBJ snapped a eight-game regular season winless streak against Tampa Bay (0-5-3). The Jackets’ last regular season win against the club was Jan. 13, 2017.
- The Blue Jackets scored three goals in a single period for the first time in a season with three first period tallies.
- The club scored multiple goals in the first and third periods. The Blue Jackets previously scored multiple goals once this season (two goals in third period on Jan. 18 at Detroit).
- 14 of 18 Blue Jackets recorded points on Saturday. It marked the seventh time in franchise history the club has had 14 or more skaters record a point in a single game (Record 16 in 10-0 win over Montreal on Nov. 4, 2016).
- Columbus improved to 2-0-0 in matinee games in 2020-21. The club is scheduled to play five more matinee games this season.
- The Blue Jackets received their first goals from defensemen on the season as D Vladislav Gavrikov and D Zach Werenski each scored.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
- F Eric Robinson notched a goal and an assist for his second career multi-point contest. He previously collected two assists on Dec. 14, 2019 at Ottawa.
- C Nick Foligno notched a goal for the second-straight game and third time in the last five contests with his first period goal.
- RW Cam Atkinson picked up an assist for the second consecutive contest with the second assist on Foligno’s goal.
- D Michael Del Zotto collected his team-leading fourth assist of the season on Foligno’s tally.
- LW Mikhail Grigorenko notched his first goal as a Blue Jacket and first in the NHL since he was with the Colorado Avalanche on Apr. 4, 2017 vs. Chicago.
- C Liam Foudy collected his third career assist and second of the season on Gavrikov’s tally.
- Making their CBJ season debut, C Kevin Stenlund and LW Nathan Gerbe each recorded assists on Grigorenko’s goal.
- C Alexandre Texier picked up his fifth point in the last five games (3-2-5) with the main assist on Werenski’s third period goal.
- F Boone Jenner collected his fourth point in the last six games (2-2-4) with an assist on Werenski’s tally.
POST-GAME ZOOM INTERVIEWS
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS