The two players combined for 50 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists on Saturday afternoon
CINCINNATI –Zach Freemantle and Colby Jones combined for 50 points on Saturday afternoon, leading No. 8 Xavier to a 95-82 win over Georgetown at Cintas Center.
Xavier improved to 16-4 (8-1 BIG EAST) on the year, while the Hoyas dropped to 5-15 (0-9 BIG EAST). The Musketeers have won three straight vs the Hoyas, improving to 18-6 overall in the series history.
The Musketeers raced out to a 20-9 advantage with 13:33 left in the first half and never relinquished the lead. Xavier led by as many as 18 points (85-67) with 6:36 left in the game before pulling away for the 13-point victory.
Zach Freemantle posted his ninth double-double of the season, recording 30 points and 11 rebounds. The senior forward matched his career high in scoring (also scored 30 points vs UConn on Feb. 13, 2021). He was 12-for-19 from the floor and 4-for-6 from the foul line. Freemantle also dished out seven assists. He now has three career games with 20 or more points.
• Colby Jones scored 20 points on 8-for-11 shooting to go along with three assists and two rebounds. The guard now has three career games with 20 or more points. Jones has scored in double figures in all but two games this season.
• Adam Kunkel added 14 points on 6-for-9 shooting with a pair of three pointers. The guard dished out seven assists and pulled down four rebounds.
• Souley Boum rounded out the double-figure scorers with 10 points on 4-for-7 shooting. The guard added seven assists. Jerome Hunter added eight points and five rebounds, while Jack Nunge finished with seven points and nine rebounds.
• Xavier posted a .549 field-goal percentage (39-for-71) and was 8-for-14 from behind the arc. The Musketeers were also 9-for-17 from the foul line. Xavier dished out a season-high 31 assists, the most assists in a game by a BIG EAST team this season.
• Xavier has posed a .500 field-goal percentage or higher in a game 12 times this season. The Musketeers have also scored 90 or more points in a game six times this season.
The Musketeers return to action at UConn on Wednesday, Jan. 25. Tip-off is slated for 6:30 p.m. ET with the game being aired nationally on FS1. The game is being played at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs, Conn.
COURTESY XAVIER ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS