DaRon Holmes II Scores 32 Points For The Second Time In Three Games
BRONX, N.Y. – DaRon Holmes II’s 32 points, backed by Toumani Camara’s 15 and Koby Brea’s 12, propelled the University of Dayton to its seventh straight win Tuesday night, an 82-58 win at Fordham.
Holmes matched his career high, set two games ago at Davidson. He and Camara combined to score 33 points in the second half (18 by Holmes, all 15 by Camara). Brea, playing in front of a couple hundred hometown fans, was four-for-four from the field (all three pointers), with seven rebounds, five assists and three steals.
Dayton is now 12-5 on the season, and 4-0 in the Atlantic 10 Conference.
First Half – Dayton 33, Fordham 18
- UD scored the first 12 points of the game.
- Mike Sharavjamts opened the scoring with a layup, R.J. Blakney had a dunk and a pair of free throws, DaRon Holmes II scored the next four, and then Mustapha Amzil’s layup six-and-a-half minutes into the game ended the run.
- The Flyers maintained a double-digit lead for the rest of the night.
- A Zimi Nwokeji dunk with 9:12 left gave Dayton its biggest lead of the half (22-4).
Second Half –Dayton 82, Fordham 58
- After playing just four minutes in the first half with foul trouble, Toumani Camara scored seven of UD’s first nine second-half points.
- The Flyers pushed the lead out to 20, but a flurry of threes brought back to within 12 (63-51) with 6:19 to go.
- Dayton closed the game with a 19-6 burst, taking its max lead out to 25 (82-57) with 1:07 left.
- The Flyers shot 74% (17 of 23) in the second half.
BY THE NUMBERS
- DaRon Holmes II equaled his career-best with 32 points (12-15 FG, 8-10 FG).
- In four A-10 games Holmes is averaging 26.5 points and 10.3 rebounds a game, while shooting .755 (40-53) from the field, and .806 (25-31) from the line.
- Toumani Camara scored all 15 of his points in 16 minutes of action in the second half, as well as seven of his team-high eight rebounds.
- Koby Brea scored 12 points (4-4 from 3-pt.), had seven rebounds, five assists and a team-best three steals. The rebounds were a season high, while the assists and steals were career highs.
- Brea and Mike Sharavjamts led the Flyers with five assists each.
- Mustapha Amzil had a team-best +31 in plus/minus.
- It was Dayton’s seventh consecutive game holding its opponent under 60 points.
- UD is home for a pair of games, starting with VCU on Friday at 9 p.m. ET.
COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS