Ohio State vs. Maine
Date: December 21, 2022
Time: 8:30 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Game Notes: Ohio State | Maine
Rosters: Ohio State | Maine
Season Stats: Ohio State | Maine
TICKETS: Season, single-game, group and mini plans are available men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Buckeyes return home this week to host Maine on Wednesday in the first of two non-conference games to end the calendar year. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. at Value City Arena inside the Schottenstein Center and it will be televised on BTN. Kevin Kugler and Andy Katz will call the action.
- This will be the first meeting all-time between the two programs on the hardwood. Head coach Chris Holtmann has faced Maine one time, and that came in 2014 with Butler.
- The Buckeyes come into the game at 7-3 overall and are coming off a tremendous game in a high-level atmosphere at Madison Square Garden last Saturday. OSU dropped an overtime classic against last year’s NCAA runner-up North Carolina 89-84.
- Entering the week, Ohio State was No. 26 in the NET rankings despite falling out of the AP poll. Maine enters the game at No. 235 in the NET rankings.
- The Buckeyes last two games have been great contests. Ohio State beat Rutgers in the Big Ten opener on Tanner Holden’s buzzer-beating three. Then last Saturday’s game vs. North Carolina had buzzer-beaters at the end of each half. Justice Sueing hit a three-pointer at the halftime buzzer and Pete Nance tied the game with a turn-around jumper at the end of the second half.
- Ohio State continues to be one of the most efficient offensives in the country according to Kenpom. The Buckeyes are fourth nationally in adjusted offensive efficiency.
- Maine comes into the game at 6-5 on the season. The Black Bears started their Ohio roadtrip on Monday night in Akron. The Zips rolled to an 87-55 victory over Maine as Kellen Tynes and Kristians Feierbergs led the way with 10 points apiece.
- Ohio State transfer guard Sean McNeil enters Wednesday’s game just three points shy of 1,000 for his DI career. He scored 900 points over the previous three seasons at West Virginia while making 155 three-pointers. McNeil played one season (2018-19) at Sinclair CC and led the nation in scoring with 921 points (29.7 ppg).
- Freshman Brice Sensabaugh scored a season-high 22 points at the Garden on Sunday vs. North Carolina and was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week on Monday. Sensabaugh scored in double-figures in all but one game this season and leads the team in scoring this season at 14.9 ppg.
- Zed Key is averaging a career-best 14.0 ppg and is shooting a Big Ten leading 65.9 percent from the floor. He has grabbed 36 offensive rebounds which has him in the Top 20 in the country in o-boards per game.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS