GAME AT A GLANCE
1st – Jake Oettinger, DAL (stopped 27-of-28 shots); 2nd – Daniil Tarasov, CBJ (stopped 32-of-33 shots); 3rd – Wyatt Johnston, DAL (1-0-1)
Columbus: K. Johnson (7)
Dallas: W. Johnston (8), EN – J. Robertson (24)
Columbus: D. Tarasov (32 saves, L)
Dallas: J. Oettinger (27 saves, W)
Columbus PP: 0-for-1, 1 shot
Dallas PP: no power play attempts
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets lost their fourth consecutive game and fell to 7-10-2 in their last 19 contests following tonight’s loss to the Stars. The club is also now 6-6-1 in the last 13 games at Nationwide Arena.
- Columbus had its four-game home points streak vs. Dallas (3-0-1) snapped with tonight’s loss and now have points in 12 of the last 15 contests played at Nationwide Arena dating back to Jan. 28, 2013 (10-3-2).
- Eleven of the past 16 overall meetings in the series have been decided by a single goal (four after regulation).
- The Blue Jackets were not whistled for a penalty for the 19th time in franchise history, most recently recording the feat on Dec. 5, 2021 vs. San Jose.
- CBJ have scored 54 goals in the past 19 games (2.84), lighting the lamp at least four times in seven of those contests.
- With C Kent Johnson’s goal tonight, the club’s rookies have now combined for 13-18-31 in 31 games this season.
- The Blue Jackets play their sixth of 16 back-to-back sets of the season on Monday vs. Dallas and Tuesday at Philadelphia with the club 2-9-0 in back-to-backs this season (0-6-0 in 1st game).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
« The Blue Jackets were led by C Jack Roslovic in shots (6), D Andrew Peeke in hits (7), D Erik Gudbranson in blocked shots (8) and LW Johnny Gaudreau in TOI (23:44).
« C Kent Johnson scored the Blue Jackets’ lone goal tonight, giving him 4-5-9 in his last 17 outings (overall 7-8-15 in 28 GP).
« C Jack Roslovic tallied his 12th assist of the campaign and now has 2-7-9 in his last 10 outings. He improved to 2-10-12 in 19 career games against the Stars, including assists in six-straight contests played at home (1-8-9).
« LW Gustav Nyquist registered his eighth assist of the season to give him 6-8-14 in 31 games. He now has 3-8-11 in 18 career outings vs. Dallas, including assists in three of his last four home contests (0-3-3).
BLUE JACKETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
HC Brad Larsen | F Gustav Nyquist | G Daniil Tarasov
STARS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
HC Peter DeBoer | F Jamie Benn | F Wyatt Johnston | G Jake Oettinger
BLUE JACKETS UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, Dec. 20 at Philadelphia Flyers – 7pm ET at Wells Fargo Center
Wednesday, Dec. 21 No Practice
Thursday, Dec. 22 Practice – 2:30pm CT at United Center
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS