CBS Sports Classic — #23 Ohio State vs. North Carolina
Date: December 17, 2022
Time: 3 p.m.
Venue: Madison Square Garden – New York, N.Y.
Game Notes: Ohio State | North Carolina
Rosters: Ohio State | North Carolina
Season Stats: Ohio State | North Carolina
TICKETS: Season, single-game, group and mini plans are available men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State heads to the Big Apple and Madison Square Garden this Saturday to take on North Carolina as part of the annual CBS Sports Classic. Tip-off is set for 3 p.m. and the game will be televised nationally on CBS. Brad Nessler, Bill Raftery and Jenny Dell will have the call.
- This will be the 16th all-time meeting between the programs with North Carolina holding a 12-3 edge in the series.
- The most recent meeting was a fun one for the Buckeyes as they rolled the Tar Heels 74-49 in Chapel Hill on Dec. 4, 2019. That was a Top-10 showdown as part of that year’s ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
- This will be the third game between Ohio State and North Carolina in Madison Square Garden. The Tar Heels have won the previous two, beating the Buckeyes by three in the 1946 national semifinals and winning by four in the Coaches vs. Cancer 2K Sports Classic in 2009.
- Ohio State is 23-13 all-time in Madison Square Garden with wins in five of its last seven trips. The first game was way back in 1937 against New York University and the most recent game came in the 2018 Big Ten Tournament.
- On the year, Ohio State is 7-2 overall with the only two losses coming against Top 20 teams.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a thrilling buzzer-beating win over Rutgers in the Big Ten opener a week ago Thursday. That was the first “walk-off” buzzer-beater since Evan Turner beat Michigan with a three-pointer in the Big Ten Tournament in 2010.
- Ohio State started the week third in the country in offensive efficiency according to Kenpom. The Buckeyes are also in the Top 10 in rebounding margin at +10.4.
- Zed Key has gotten off to a great start this season. He is averaging a team-high 14.3 ppg and has four of his six career double-doubles so far this year. Key is also shooting a Big Ten best 70.4 percent from the floor which also ranks him in the Top 10 in the country.
- North Carolina opened the year with five wins and then dropped its next four games. The Tar Heels rebounded with a win over Georgia Tech last Saturday and then beat The Citadel 100-67 on Tuesday. Caleb Love leads the way in scoring at 18.0 ppg.
- Ohio State transfer guard Sean McNeil enters Saturday just 10 points shy of 1,000 for his DI career. He scored 900 points over the previous three seasons at West Virginia while making 155 three-pointers. McNeil played one season (2018-19) at Sinclair CC and led the nation in scoring with 921 points (29.7 ppg).
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS
Great article! Your article helped me a lot. Thanks! will you allow it I want to share your article to my website:
gate 交易 所