Quarterback BAKER MAYFIELD of the Los Angeles Rams, defensive end BRANDON GRAHAM of the Philadelphia Eagles and kicker EDDY PINEIRO of the Carolina Panthers are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 14 (December 8, 11-12).
OFFENSE: QB BAKER MAYFIELD, LOS ANGELES RAMS
- Mayfield passed for 230 yards and a touchdown with no interceptions for a 91.4 passer rating in the Rams’ 17-16 comeback win over Las Vegas on Thursday Night Football. After joining the team earlier in week, Mayfield led an eight-play, 98-yard drive with under two minutes remaining in regulation, ending with the game-winning touchdown pass to Van Jefferson with 10 seconds left on the clock.
- This is the third Offensive Player of the Week award for Mayfield and first as a Ram:
- 2018: Week 16 (with Cleveland)
- 2020: Week 7 (with Cleveland)
- 2022: Week 14 (with L.A. Rams)
- Mayfield is the first Ram to win a Player of the Week award this season and he joins Kyler Murray (five-time winner) as the only former Oklahoma quarterbacks to earn the honor at least three times.
DEFENSE: DE BRANDON GRAHAM, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
- Graham tied a career high with three sacks and added a forced fumble in the Eagles’ 48-22 win over the Giants. He is the fourth player to record three sacks and a forced fumble in a game this season.
- This is Graham’s second-career Defensive Player of the Week award, also earning the honor in Week 3 of this season. He becomes the first player to win two Defensive Player of the Week awards in 2022 and Eagles players have now earned a collective eight Player of the Week awards this season, the most among all teams.
- Graham joins cornerback Eric Allen (1993) and linebacker Seth Joyner (1991) as the only Eagles to earn the honor twice in one season.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K EDDY PINEIRO, CAROLINA PANTHERS
- Pineiro converted all three of his field goal attempts, connecting from 47, 32 and 39 yards, and each of his three extra point attempts for a total of 12 points in Carolina’s 30-24 win over Seattle. It tied for the most points by a kicker in Week 14.
- This is Pineiro’s second-career Special Teams Player of the Week award (Week 2, 2019, with Chicago). He is the sixth Carolina kicker to ever earn the honor and first since Zane Gonzalez (Week 10, 2021).
- He joins Evan McPherson as the only kickers from the University of Florida to have ever earned the honor multiple times.
2022 NFC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK