The Columbus Blue Jackets scored 2 goals in the first period and 2 in the 2nd period for a quick 4-0 lead at Winnipeg on Friday night en route to a 4-1 win.
Patrik Laine scored 2 goals against his former team. He got help from defenseman Erik Gudbranson, scoring his first CBJ goal and Gustav Nyquist with a lamplighter as well. Johnny Gaudreau notched 3 assists. Stellar in goal was Joonas Korpisalo with 37 saves.
- There were two career milestones for the Jackets in this one, as Boone Jenner notched his 300th career point with the primary assist on Laine’s goal and Gudbranson scored his 100th career point.
- Jenner is the fifth CBJ player to reach 300 points in union blue, joining Rick Nash, Cam Atkinson, Nick Foligno and David Vyborny.
- With his tallies, Laine has now scored against 31 of 32 NHL teams. The only one he has not is Columbus (zero goals in eight games). This was the former Jet’s second game against the club.
- Gaudreau now has four multipoint games in the last five contests for a 2-8-10 line in that span. This was his 14th career game of three or more assists and 54th career contest of three or more points. He also has a 3-13-16 line in the last 10 games.
Per NHL PR, Gaudreau’s 71 assists in the 2022 calendar year are the most in the league, just ahead of Connor McDavid (70), Matthew Tkachuk (70), Artemi Panarin (68), Mitchell Marner (68) and Roman Josi (68).
- With Gudbranson’s goal, Columbus has 21 different goal scorers on the year, second in the NHL.
- Gudbranson filled up the stat sheet with a team-high 10 shot attempts and four shots on goal while also blocking four shots.
- Columbus improved to 2-3-1 in true road games this season.
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS