DEC. 2, 2022 II CANADA LIFE CENTRE II at WINNIPEG JETS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets are 4-3-2 in the last nine games overall after falling 3-2 in the shootout to the Golden Knights on Monday.
- The club wraps up a two-game stretch against Western Conference teams tomorrow. CBJ ill play three-straight against the East from December 4-7.
- Columbus plays its NHL-low seventh road game of the season tomorrow. It’s two games less than any other team in the League (Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota).
- The Jackets play 15 games in the month of December, including eight on the road. The club plays four of its first six games of the month at home before hitting the road for six-of-eight from December 13-29.
- Columbus has scored 30 goals in its past nine games (3.33 per game), lighting the lamp at least five times in four of those contests.
- CBJ blueliners have collected 11-26-37 in 21 games this season, ranking eighth-T in NHL in goals).
- Columbus has had 20 different players score a goal this season, which is tied for the second-most in the NHL with Boston and trailing only Detroit (22).
- Blue Jackets rookies have combined for 8-14-22 in 21 games in 2022-23, ranking third-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth in points.
- CBJ finished 2-of-4 on the power play on Friday and finished fifth in the NHL in power play percentage in the month of November, converting on 8-of-27 chances in 11 games (29.6 pct.).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- LW Patrik Laine (missed 7 games due to sprained ankle) and G Elvis Merzlikins (missed 6 games due to hip injury) were activated off Injured Reserve today.
- RW Yegor Chinakhov has recorded 2-3-5 in his last seven games played. He has already tied his single season career high in assists with 4-7-11 in 20 outings this season (7-7-14 in 62 games in 2021-22).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau collected his second-straight multi-point effort with 1-1-2 on Monday and now has 3-10-13 in the last nine contests. He tied the franchise record for assists in the month of November with 3-11-14 in 11 outings.
- Boone Jenner tallied his team-leading ninth goal of the season on Monday to tie the game at two in the third period. He finished with the third-most goals in the month in franchise history (tied) with 8-3-11 in 11 contests.
- C Kent Johnson notched his first career multi-point game with 1-1-2 on Friday and now has 2-3-5 in his last seven games. He ranks fourth-T among NHL rookies in goals, fifth-T in points-per-game (min. 10 GP) and sixth-T in pointswith 5-6-11 in 18 contests (.61 ppg).
- C Sean Kuraly registered six (5-1-6) of his nine points (6-3-9) in the month of November and finished second on the club in goals in the month.
- LW Gustav Nyquist collected his second multi-assist game of the season with two assists on Monday and now has 1-5-6 in his last eight contests.
- D Andrew Peeke leads the team with 45 blocked shots and has registered at least one in 20 of his 21 contests this season.
- LW Eric Robinson has registered assists in three of his last seven contests (1-3-4).
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- D Erik Gudbranson is one point from 100 for his NHL career (27-72-99, 661 GP).
- C Boone Jenner is one point from 300 for his NHL career (153-146-299, 610 GP).
- G Joonas Korpisalo is 10 games from 200 for his NHL career (79-71-22, 190 GP).
- C Sean Kuraly is four games from 100 for his CBJ career (20-19-39, 96 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is nine assists from 100 for his NHL career (61-91-152, 327 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out indefinitely (6 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (8 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks; (13 games)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (15 games)
- LW Patrik Laine (ankle) (7 games)
- G Elvis Merzlikins (hip) (6 games)
- RW Mathieu Olivier (illness) is day-to-day (1 game)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (10 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); rest of regular season (8 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 115
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS