NOV. 25, 2022 II NATIONWIDE ARENA II vs. NEW YORK ISLANDERS
TV: Bally Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets are 4-2-1 in the last seven games overall and 4-2-0 in their past six home games following a 3-1 loss to the Canadiens on Wednesday.
- Tomorrow’s contest concludes a season-high six-game homestand for the Blue Jackets (3-2-0). It’s part of a stretch of eight-of-10 games played at Nationwide Arena from November 10-28.
- Friday’s game also concludes a stretch of eight consecutive games against Eastern Conference teams (4-1-1). The club will play three-straight against the Western Conference from November 26-December 2.
- Columbus has scored 26 goals in its past seven games (3.71 per game), lighting the lamp at least five times in four of those contests.
- CBJ blueliners have collected 7-18-25 in the last 13 outings and 11-24-35 in 19 games this season (sixth-T in NHL in goals).
- Columbus has had 20 different players score a goal this season, which is tied for the second-most in the NHL with Boston and trailing only Detroit (21).
- Blue Jackets rookies have combined for 7-12-19 in 19 games in 2022-23, ranking third-T among NHL team rookies in goals and fifth in points.
- CBJ rank eighth in the NHL in power play percentage in the month of November, converting on 6-of-21 chances in nine games (28.6 pct.).
- Columbus plays its fifth of 16 back-to-back sets in 2022-23 on Friday vs. the NY Islanders and Saturday at Nashville. The club is still looking for its first victory in the first game of a back-to-back this season (0-4-0; 2-6-0 overall).
- CBJ are 10-6-1 in games played on the day after US Thanksgiving in franchise history and have won their last six Black Friday contests dating back to 2015. The club has played the last four Black Friday games at Nationwide Arena and 11 overall (7-3-1).
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
- RW Yegor Chinakhov, who missed Wednesday’s game due to an injury,has recorded 1-3-4 in his last five games played. He has already tied his single season career high in assists with 3-7-10 in 18 outings this season (7-7-14 in 62 games in 2021-22).
- LW Johnny Gaudreau had his assists streak snapped at four-straight (1-5-6) on Wednesday vs. Montreal and now has 2-7-9 in the last seven contests. He ranks seventh-T in the NHL in scoring in home games this season with 7-9-16 in 13 contests.
- Boone Jenner also had his four-game overall points streak (4-2-6) and six- game home points streak (7-2-9) snapped on Wednesday. He currently ranks seventh in the NHL in goals scored at home with 8-5-13 in 13 contests and is eighth-T in goals scored in the month of November (7).
- C Kent Johnson, who has 1-2-3 in his last five games, ranks third-T among NHL rookies in goals, seventh-T in points-per-game (min. 6 GP) and eighth in points with 4-5-9 in 16 contests (.56 ppg).
- C Sean Kuraly has recorded goals in three of his last five games (4-1-5) and has has registered six (5-1-6) of his nine points (6-3-9) in the month of November.
- RW Mathieu Olivier has tallied 2-1-3 in his last five games after tallying Columbus’ lone goal on Wednesday.
- LW Eric Robinson has registered assists in three of his last five contests (1-3-4).
BLUE JACKETS MILESTONES
- D Erik Gudbranson is one point from 100 for his NHL career (27-72-99, 659 GP).
- C Boone Jenner is two points from 300 for his NHL career (152-146-298, 608 GP).
- C Sean Kuraly is six games from 100 for his CBJ career (20-19-39, 94 GP).
- C Jack Roslovic is nine assists from 100 for his NHL career (61-91-152, 325 GP).
- C Cole Sillinger is two games from 100 for his NHL career (18-18-36, 98 GP).
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT
- D Jake Bean (shoulder) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 17); out indefinitely (4 games)
- D Nick Blankenburg (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); 6-to-8 weeks (6 games)
- D Adam Boqvist (broken foot) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 26); 6-weeks; (11 games)
- RW Yegor Chinakhov (upper body); day-to-day (1 game)
- C/RW Justin Danforth (torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Oct. 25); 6 months (13 games)
- LW Patrik Laine (ankle) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 12); 3-to-4 weeks (5 games)
- G Elvis Merzlikins (hip); 1-to-2 weeks (4 games)
- LW Jakub Voracek (upper body) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 4); out indefinitely (8 games)
- D Zach Werenski (shoulder separation/torn labrum) is on Injured Reserve (Nov. 10); rest of regular season (6 games)
TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 98
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS