GAME AT A GLANCE
1st – David Savard, MTL (1-0-1); 2nd – Sam Montembeault, MTL (stopped 30-of-31 shots); 3rd – Mathieu Olivier, CBJ (1-0-1)
Columbus: M. Olivier (2)
Montreal: A. Xhekaj (3), D. Savard (1), EN – S. Monahan (5)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (26 saves, L)
Montreal: S. Montembeault (30 saves, W)
Columbus PP: 0-for-3, 6 shots
Montreal PP: 0-for-3, 2 shots
BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell to 4-2-1 in the last seven games with tonight’s loss to the Canadiens. The club is also now 4-2-0 in the last six games at Nationwide Arena.
- Columbus had its six-game win streak and eight-game points streak vs. Montreal (7-0-1) snapped. The club now has points in 15 of the last 19 games (13-4-2) since Jan. 25, 2016.
- The winning team in the series has recorded three-plus goals in 12 of the last 13 games.
- Columbus killed off all three of Montreal’s power play attempts tonight and has now killed off 28-of-30 attempts over the last 12 meetings since Mar. 12, 2018 (93.3 pct.).
- CBJ have scored 26 goals in the past seven outings (3.71 per game).
- The Blue Jackets have scored the first goal of the game in five of the last seven contests, including tonight.
BLUE JACKETS PLAYER NOTES
« The Blue Jackets were led by LW Johnny Gaudreau in shots (7), LW Eric Robinson inhits (4) and D Andrew Peeke in blocked shots (5) and TOI (23:47).
« RW Mathieu Olivier scored Columbus’ lone goal to give him 2-1-3 in his last five games (overall 2-2-4 in 17 GP). He tied his career high in shots with five (also Nov. 17, 2022 vs. MTL).
BLUE JACKETS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
CANADIENS POST-GAME AUDIO INTERVIEWS
BLUE JACKETS UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Thursday, Nov. 24 No Practice
Friday, Nov. 25 vs. NY Islanders – 8pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Saturday, Nov. 26 at Nashville – 8pm ET at Bridgestone Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS