BLUE JACKETS TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets notched their first win of the season in overtime, improving to 1-3-0.
- CBJ improved to 5-1-0 in the last six meetings vs. Vancouver since March 24, 2019, including winning each of their last three contests at Nationwide Arena dating back to March 1, 2020.
- The winning team in the series has posted four-plus goals in seven of the past nine games of series (four of five at home).
- The Blue Jackets killed off all three of Vancouver’s power play opportunities and have now killed off 8-of-10 opponent power play opportunities in their first four games of the campaign (80.0 pct.).
- Columbus has picked up points in 10 of the last 12 home games vs. Pacific Division opponents including tonight, going 8-2-2 dating back to Dec. 19, 2019. Five of the contests have been decided after regulation (4-OT, 1-SO). The club has killed off 21-of-24 opponent power play opportunities (87.5 pct.) over that stretch.
- CBJ rank sixth in the NHL in faceoff percentage in 2022-23, winning 55.9 percent of their draws (138-of-247), including winning 37-of-60 in tonight’s game (61.7 pct.).
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS