Ohio State 49, Rutgers 10
October 1, 2022
Ohio Stadium — 104,245
- Ohio State has won 27 consecutive Big Ten Conference games at Ohio Stadium, starting with a 58-0 win over Rutgers in 2016.
- With the win, Coach Ryan Day’s record at Ohio State sits at 39-4, with a 23-1 record at Ohio Stadium.
- Ryan Day’s Buckeyes have scored 40 or more points in 30 of the 43 games that he’s coached.
- Miyan Williams’ five rushing touchdowns in one game tied the Ohio State single-game record. Only two other Buckeye backs have found the endzone five times in one game: Pete Johnson did it first against North Carolina in 1974, and Keith Byers matched him against Illinois in 1984.
- With his 189 rushing yards against Rutgers, Miyan Williams now has over 1,000 rushing yards in his career. It’s also the fourth 100+ yard game of his career and his 21 rushing attempts are a career-high, topping his previous high of 14.
- Williams’ 189 yards also puts him in the top-35 for single-game rushing yards in Buckeye football history.
- Williams’ 70-yard score in the third quarter, his fourth of the game, was the second longest of his career (his longest is still his memorable 72-yard rumble in the 2021 season-opener at Minnesota).
- Williams scored on the ground three times in the first half alone, which had not been done by a Buckeye back since TreVeyon Henderson last season against Tulsa.
- CJ Stroud’s touchdown pass to Julian Fleming gave the Buckeyes 20 points on the dot, making it the 66th consecutive game where they have scored 20 or more points. They are now three games away from tying the all-time FBS record of 69 straight games set by Oklahoma that ran from 2016-2021.
- With his two touchdown passes against the Scarlet Knights, CJ Stroud is now just one away from tying Justin Fields’ 63 for second on the Buckeyes’ all-time list.
- Linebacker Steele Chambers had eight solo tackles, a season-high for the defense, and added a fourth quarter interception to set up a touchdown. He led the team with 11 total tackles.
- Tommy Eichenberg had another stand-out game, finishing with nine combined tackles, a shared TFL and a QB hurry.
- Marvin Harrison scored his sixth touchdown of the season in the third quarter, a four-yard strike from Stroud.
- Julian Fleming’s resounding return to the field has seen him catch at least one touchdown in each of his three games played in 2022. His 36-yard touchdown grab was his fourth of the season.
- CJ Stroud’s 154 passing yards were the lowest of his career as a starter. His previous low was 185 yards against Tulsa in 2021.
- Ohio State is the only team in the nation averaging at least 300 yards per game passing and 200 yards per game rushing.
- CJ Stroud has gone over 150 yards and thrown a touchdown pass in all 17 games that he has started at Ohio State, and has multiple TD passes in 15 games.
- Ohio State has scored a touchdown on its first drive in four consecutive games.
- The Buckeyes have scored touchdowns in 12 consecutive quarters, and in 18 of the 20 in the 2022 season.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS