GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: J. Voracek (6), C. Sillinger (16), PP – J. Roslovic (22), O. Bjorkstrand (27), EN – A. Peeke (2)
Tampa Bay: PP – N. Kucherov (25), PP – C. Perry (18)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (25 saves, W)
Tampa Bay: B. Elliott (30 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- Columbus snapped Tampa Bay’s five-game winning streak in the series with tonight’s victory. The Lightning won the season series 2-1-0 (CBJ; 1-2-0).
- CBJ now have points in five of the last seven games in the Lightning series at Nationwide Arena (3-2-2).
- The winning team in the series has scored three-plus goals in 16 of the last 17 games.
- The Blue Jackets have scored three-plus goals in 47 of their contests (includes SO goals). The club improved to 31-5-1 when scoring four goals or more in a contest this season, including accomplishing the feat in five of the last nine outings.
- Columbus now has 43 goals and 174 points by blueliners this season after posting 1-3-4 tonight. The club’s defensemen have combined for 10-36-46 in the last 23 outings including recording two-plus points in 15 of those contests.
- The Blue Jackets killed off five-of-seven of Tampa Bay’s power play opportunities and have now killed off 32-of-38 opponent power play opportunities over the last 12 games (84.2 pct.).
- Columbus scored a power play goal for a season-high fifth-straight game, going 5-of-16 (31.3 pct.) and has scored a PPG in six of the last eight games (6-of-23, 26.1 pct.).
- CBJ improved to 10-10-5 in back-to-back games this season (6-3-1 in first game).
- The Blue Jackets improved to 11-7-3 in home finales in franchise history, including winning their last three consecutive.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Jack Roslovic scored a goal to extend his points streak to six consecutive games (5-2-7), tying his career high points streak (4-5-9 in 6 games from Jan. 31-Feb. 11, 2021). He has 10-3-13 with three multi-point efforts in the last nine outings and 14-11-25 in his last 31 outings since February 24. The forward has also set a new club record for most goals and points in the month of April with 10-3-13 in 13 contests.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand recorded his 13th multi-point game of the season with 1-1-2 to extend his points streak to three-straight games (3-3-6). With 27-29-56 in 79 contests, he has set single-season career highs in goals/points and tied his high in assists (2017-18).
· RW Jakub Voracek scored the Blue Jackets’ first goal of the night, giving him 1-8-9 in the last nine contests. With 6-54-60 in 78 games, he has reached the 60-point mark for the sixth time in his career (MR: 20-46-66 in 2018-19) and is the first CBJ player to accomplish the feat this season.
· C Cole Sillinger scored the Blue Jackets’ second goal of the night and now has 5-5-10 in the last 13 games. With 16-15-31 in 78 outings, he has the third-most goals (tied) and seventh-most points among rookies in a single-season in club history.
- LW Gustav Nyquist registered his 24th assist of the campaign and now has 4-16-20 in the last 26 games (overall 17-34-51 in 81 GP).
- D Andrew Peeke scored an empty net goal and has 2-13-15 in 81 games.
· C Kent Johnson tallied an assist to give him 0-3-3 in 8 games since making his NHL debut on April 13 vs. Montreal.
· D Gabriel Carlsson recorded his sixth assist of the season, giving him 2-6-8 in 37 outings.
· D Dean Kukan registered his eighth assist of the campaign and now has 3-8-11 in 40 games.
· D Jake Bean tallied his 17th assist of the season to give him 2-2-4 in the last six contests (7-17-24 in 66 GP).
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS