GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: PP – J. Roslovic (20)
Ottawa: B. Tkachuk (29), SO – T. Stutzle
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (25 saves, SOL)
Ottawa: F. Gustavsson (33 saves, SOW)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Senators won the season series with the road team picking up the victory in each game of the three-game series (OTT, 2-1-0; CBJ, 1-1-1).
- With the overtime loss, the Blue Jackets have now recorded points in nine of the last 10 meetings vs. Ottawa (7-1-2).
- CBJ have collected points in six of the last seven games vs. the Senators at Nationwide Arena (5-1-1).
- Five of the last six meetings in the series have been decided by a single goal (CBJ; 3-1-2) with three of them decided in overtime/shootout.
- With C Jack Roslovic’s first period goal tonight, the club now has four players with 20 goals this season. It’s tied for the second-most total in a single season in franchise history, trailing only five players with 20-plus goals in 2018-19.
- The Blue Jackets killed off both of the Senators’ power play opportunities tonight and have now killed off 24-of-26 opponent power play opportunities over the last nine games (92.3 pct.).
- Columbus scored a power play goal for a second-straight game and for the third time in the last five games (3-of-12, 25.0 pct.).
- Fifteen of the Blue Jackets’ last 26 games have been decided by a single goal (8-12-6), including eight after regulation.
- CBJ dropped to 11-4-3 in overtime/shootouts this season (4-3 in SO), with tonight’s shootout loss.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Jack Roslovic scored the Blue Jackets’ lone goal of the night and now has goals in two-straight contests (3-0-3). He has 8-2-10 with three multi-point efforts in the last six outings and has reached the 20-goal plateau for the first time in his NHL career (20-22-42 in 77 GP).
· C Cole Sillinger recorded his 14th assist of the season to give him 3-4-7 in the last 10 contests (overall 14-14-28 in 75 GP).
· C Kent Johnson tallied an assist for his second-straight contest, giving him 0-2-2 in five outings since making his NHL debut on April 13 vs. Montreal.
· C Sean Kuraly led the club in hits with four, giving him 235 on the season and is now tied for the third-most hits in a single-season in club history (Dubinsky, 2015-16).
· D Vladislav Gavrikov skated in his 200th career NHL game.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Saturday, April 23 Practice – 12pm ET at OhioHealth Ice Haus
Sunday, April 24 vs. Edmonton Oilers – 1pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Monday, April 25 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS