GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: V. Gavrikov (4), V. Gavrikov (5), O. Bjorkstrand (24)
NY Islanders: PP – B. Nelson (32), J. Bailey (8), A. Beauvillier (11), Z. Parise (11)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (25 saves, L)
NY Islanders: S. Varlamov (42 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell to 14-9-4 in the last 27 games with tonight’s loss.
- Columbus has scored three-plus goals in 41 of its contests (including SO goals), recording three-plus in 14 of the last 20 games.
- With two goals and one assist by defensemen tonight, CBJ now have 38 goals and 150 points by blueliners this season.
- Ten of the Blue Jackets’ last 15 games have been decided by a single goal (5-6-4), including five after regulation.
- Four of the last six games in the series vs. the Islanders have been decided by a single-goal, including two of the three in the season series (CBJ; 1-2-0)
- Columbus fell to 6-2-1 in the past nine games of the series at Nationwide Arena.
- CBJ have killed off 16-of-19 Islanders’ power play attempts over the last ten games, killing off three-of-four opportunities tonight.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· Skating in his 100th career NHL game, D Andrew Peeke, tallied his 13th assist of the campaign to give him 1-13-14 in 67 outings.
· D Vladislav Gavrikov notched his second career multi-goal game with two goals (Nov. 22, 2021 at Buffalo), giving him points in two-straight games (2-1-3). He has tied his single-season career high in goals (2019-20) with 5-24-29 in 65 games this season.
· LW Patrik Laine recorded his team-leading 16th multi-point and seventh multi-assist game of the season with two assists. He now has assists in two consecutive games (0-3-3), 3-6-9 in the last eight games and points in 21 of the last 27 contests (19-17-36). The forward also leads the club in goals and points with 25-26-51 in 48 appearances.
· RW Jakub Voracek tallied his team-leading 44th assist of the season to give him points in six-straight games (2-4-6) and 3-14-17 in his last 19 games. He now has 32 primary assists on the campaign.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand scored a goal to give him 8-7-15 in his last 15 games and points in 17 of last 24 outings (12-10-22). With 24-26-50 in 65 contests, he has set single-season career-highs in goals and points.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
AC Pascal Vincent – VincentPost_032922.mp4
D Vladislav Gavrikov – GavrikovPost_032922.mp4
F Patrik Laine – LainePost_032922.mp4
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, March 30 Practice – 12pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Thursday, March 31 at NY Islanders – 7pm ET at UBS Arena
Friday, April 1 No Practice
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS