GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: O. Bjorkstrand (17), J. Roslovic (9)
Pittsburgh: C. Ruhwedel (2), PP – E. Malkin (9), S. Crosby (16)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (37 saves, L)
Pittsburgh: C. DeSmith (32 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets fell for just the third time in the last ten games and are now 9-4-0 in the last 13 games since Jan. 27. The club has lost back-to-back games for the first time in over a month when it lost three-straight from January 21-26.
- CBJ fell to 2-3-1 in the last six meetings in the series vs. Pittsburgh and now have points in eight of the last 13 home games of the series (7-5-1).
- Columbus finished the month of February 7-3-0, one win shy of tying the club record for wins in the month (Feb. 2011 and 2019).
- The Blue Jackets killed of three-of-four of Pittsburgh’s power play chances tonight and have killed off 57-of-65 opponent power play chances over the last 20 games (87.7 pct.).
- The Blue Jackets moved to 4-2-0 in Sunday games this season after tonight’s loss.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand scored his 100th career NHL goal (100-113-213, 353 GP) in the first period to give him points in seven of the last 10 games (5-3-8; overall 17-19-36 in 51 GP).
· Skating in his 100th CBJ career game, C Jack Roslovic recorded his sixth multi-point game of the season with a goal and an assist. He has 1-3-4 in the last three games and 9-15-24 in 52 outings.
· RW Jakub Voracek tallied his team-leading 36th assist of the campaign and now has 1-10-11 in the last 11 contests (2-36-38 in 51 GP).
· G Elvis Merzlikins stopped 37 shots in his first start since February 17 at Chicago.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Monday, February 28 No Practice
Tuesday, March 1 vs. New Jersey – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Wednesday, March 2 No Practice
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS