#16/16 Ohio State at Michigan
Date: February 12, 2022
Time: 6 p.m.
Venue: Crisler Center – Ann Arbor, Mich.
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Michigan
TICKETS: Single-game and mini plans are available for all remaining men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State heads north to take on rival Michigan this Saturday evening in a game that has turned into a rather big showdown. Both teams are fighting for position in the Big Ten standings and, it’s Ohio State – Michigan. This edition of the rivalry will be televised on ESPN beginning at 6 p.m. Jason Benetti and Robbie Hummel will call the action.
- The Buckeyes are coming off a road loss at Rutgers last Wednesday and Michigan is riding high after a dominating win over No. 3 Purdue on Thursday. Both teams are in the log-jam near the top of the Big Ten standings and this game will be a big boast for either side heading into the regular season’s final push.
- Saturday’s game will be the 187th all-time meeting between the two rival schools. Officially, Ohio State leads the series 100-79 with UM holding a 48-38 edge in Ann Arbor.
- The teams played two tremendous games last season. The regular season game was a No. 4 vs. No. 3 matchup in Columbus that saw Michigan pull out a 92-87 victory. They met again in the semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament and the Buckeyes won that one 68-67.
- For the third consecutive week, Ohio State is ranked No. 16 in both the AP and coaches polls
- After Saturday’s game, the Buckeyes will play six of their final eight regular season games at home where they are 10-0. That is the best start at home since the 2014-15 season. Ohio State is the lone Big Ten team undefeated at home this season.
- E.J. Liddell continues to have a Player of the Year caliber season, doing a little bit of everything for the Buckeyes. He is the only player in the country this season averaging 19.7 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and 3.0 assists per game. Over the last 30 seasons, only two players have averaged those numbers for a complete season and one of them was named Tim Duncan.
- Malaki Branham led the Buckeyes on Wednesday at Rutgers with 19 points. It was just his fourth time this season leading the team in scoring in a game. He is averaging 10.9 points per game and has made eight of his last 12 three-pointers over the last three games.
- Jamari Wheeler has also shot it well from deep in the last couple of games. He had a stretch where he was just 2-of-16 but has made 4-of-his-last-6 from distance.
- Zed Key notched just the second double-double of his career on Wednesday at Rutgers, scoring 10 points and grabbing a game-high 12 rebounds. His only other double-double was last year on Dec. 13, 2020 vs. Cleveland State.
- The Buckeyes have made 10 or more threes in a game 10 times this season. The most games with 10 or more threes in a season for the Buckeyes over the last 15 years is 13, which they did in a shortened season last year.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS