The Buckeyes are 6-2 in non-conference play this seson
#19/18 Ohio State vs. IUPUI
Date: January 18, 2021
Time: 7 p.m.
Venue: Value City Arena – Columbus, Ohio
Listen: Ohio State Radio Network from Learfield
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | IUPUI
Rosters: Ohio State | IUPUI
Season Stats: Ohio State | IUPUI
TICKETS: Single-game and mini plans are available for all remaining men’s basketball games this season. Visit OhioStateBuckeyes.com or call the Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office in the Schottenstein Center at 1-800-GOBUCKS.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State continues its home stand on Tuesday when it hosts the Horizon League’s IUPUI Jaguars. This is the second of three games this week as the Buckeyes will as take on Nebraska this Saturday at 2:15 p.m. Tip Tuesday is set for 7 p.m. as Chris Vosters and Trent Meacham will call the action on BTN.
· The game was added to the schedule on Jan. 10 as a makeup game. Both programs were forced to cancel three games as a result of a COVID pause.
· This will be the third all-time meeting between the two teams. Ohio State won the first contest on Dec. 9, 2001, but that win was later vacated by the NCAA. The second meeting also came on Dec. 9 in 2010, with the Buckeyes winning that game 75-64.
· The Buckeyes are a perfect 8-0 at home this season and are one of just two Big Ten teams (Indiana) to remain unblemished at home on the year.
· Ohio State is currently ranked 19 in the latest AP poll and 18 in the coaches poll.
· This will likely be the last non-conference game of the regular season. The Buckeyes are 6-2 in non-conference games this year, including a win over No. 1 Duke on Nov. 30.
· E.J. Liddell comes into the game just 25 points away from 1,000 in his career. He would be the 60th Buckeye to reach the career milestone and the first since Duane Washington Jr. last season.
· Liddell has scored in double figures in all 15 games this season and has a streak of 26 consecutive games of 10 or more points dating back to last season. He is fourth in the conference in scoring at 19.9 ppg and leads the conference in free throws attempted. He is also in the Top 10 nationally in fouls drawn per 40 minutes.
· Jamari Wheeler has not missed a game in his collegiate career, playing in all 142 of his team’s games. He has been the veteran point guard presence for the Buckeyes this season and has also been a menace defensively as he is fourth in the conference in steals per game at 1.6.
· Freshman Malaki Branham is the second Buckeye averaging in double figures at 10.2 ppg. He is averaging 18 points per game over the last five games.
· Head coach Chris Holtmann is two wins away from 100 as the Buckeyes’ lead man. He has 212 career victories in 11-plus season as a head coach.
· Forward Harrison Hookfin has been a walk-on with the program for the last three-plus seasons. But following the Penn State game on Jan. 16, coach Holtmann announced that he is now on scholarship.
The People. The Tradition. The Excellence.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS