GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: B. Jenner (7), A. Boqvist (1), Y. Chinakhov (1), Z. Werenski (3), EN – A. Texier (5)
Detroit: D. Larkin (7), M. Rasmussen (1), L. Raymond (7)
Columbus: E. Merzlikins (24 saves, W)
Detroit: T. Greiss (33 saves, L)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets snapped a two-game losing streak and improved to 8-5-0 on the season with tonight’s regulation win.
- CBJ improved to 16-5-1 vs. Detroit since 2016-17 and are 15-4-1 in last 20 games vs. the Red Wings at Nationwide Arena since March 28, 2012.
- The teams have split the first two games of the season series with the final contest played on Apr. 9 at Detroit.
- The winning team has recorded 3+ goals in 15 of the last 17 contests in the series.
- The Blue Jackets have matched a club record for the most goals scored against the Red Wings at Nationwide Arena, recording five goals for the fifth time in the series history (MR: 5/8/21).
- Trailing 2-0, Columbus earned its second win of the season when trailing by two goals in a game. The club also trailed 2-0 at Colorado on November 3 before winning 5-4 in overtime.
- The club also scored the game-winning goal in the final two minutes of play for the second time this campaign (1:19 tonight). Cole Sillinger scored the GWG with 1:02 to play against the Avalanche on November 6.
- Columbus completed a four-game homestand tonight, finishing 2-2-0 (4 pts).
- CBJ killed off the Red Wings’ lone power play attempt tonight and have killed off 13-of-14 opponent power play attempts in the last six contests.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· RW Yegor Chinakhov notched his first career NHL goal and recorded an assist, giving him 1-3-4 in the last four games. It’s his second career multi-point game (0-2-2 on Nov. 6 vs. COL).
· Playing in his 100th career NHL contest, C Alexandre Texier notched the empty net goal to stretch his points streak to a career-high four-straight games (3-1-4).
· D Adam Boqvist scored his first goal as a Blue Jacket.
· C Boone Jenner scored his team-leading seventh goal of the season and now has 3-2-5 in the last six games (7-2-9 in 13 GP overall).
· D Zach Werenski scored his third goal of the campaign and 11th game-winner of his career. He leads CBJ blueliners in goals (tied) and points ranks second in assists with 3-5-8 in 13 games.
· RW Jakub Voracek collected an assist to stretch his point streak to six-straight games (1-7-8). He leads the club in assists with 1-12-13 in 13 games.
· LW Eric Robinson tallied an assist to give him points in a career-high four consecutive games (1-3-4, overall 2-4-6 in 13 GP).
· C Gus Nyquist registered his first multi-point/assist game of the season with two assists. He has 1-3-4 in the last five games (2-3-5 overall in 13 GP).
· D Gavin Bayreuther tallied an assist for his second-straight game (0-2-2 in 5 GP). This is his first career point-streak.
· C Cole Sillinger registered an assist for his second-straight game and has six points in the last five games (3-3-6, overall 4-4-8 in 13 GP).
· D Andrew Peeke tallied the second assist on Jenner’s goal to give him 0-3-3 in 13 games.
· C Sean Kuraly recorded his second assist of the season and has 2-1-3 in the last three outings.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Tuesday, November 16 Day Off
Wednesday, November 17 Practice – 2:15pm MT at Gila River Arena
Thursday, November 18 @ Arizona – 9pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY CBJ COMMUNICATIONS