GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: S. Kuraly (1), S. Kuraly (2), G. Nyquist (2)
Washington: A. Ovechkin (12), G. Hathaway (1), G. Hathaway (2), C. Sheary (2)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (24 saves, L)
Washington: I. Samsonov (26 saves, W)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets had their three-game win streak snapped with tonight’s loss.
- It was just the club’s second loss at home this season (5-2-0), snapping a two-game home win streak.
- CBJ fell to 6-2-1 in the last nine games against the Capitals with the loss.
- Columbus began its first of 16 back-to-back sets this season against the Capitals.
- The winning team has now scored at least three goals in 37-of-44 victories in the all-time series.
- The Blue Jackets scored goals 22 seconds apart in the second period at 8:11 (Kuraly’s second) and 8:33 (Nyquist). It’s the quickest two goals scored by the club this season, surpassing third period goals scored 32 seconds apart by Cole Sillinger (18:58) and Oliver Bjorkstrand (19:30) on November 6 vs. Colorado.
- CBJ killed off Washington’s lone power play chance tonight and have killed off 20-of-21 penalties vs. the Capitals since Nov. 9, 2018 (7 games).
- Columbus has now killed off all 11 opponent power plays over the past four games.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
· C Sean Kuraly scored his first two career goals as a Blue Jacket. It was his second career two-goal outing in a regular season game (with Boston on Mar. 19, 2019 at NY Islanders).
· C Gustav Nyquist scored his second goal of the campaign and now has 2-1-3 in 11 games.
· C Alexandre Texier recorded a point for the second-straight game (1-1-2) with his first assist of the season (3-1-4 in 11 GP).
· LW Eric Robinson collected an assist for the second consecutive contest (0-2-2; overall 1-3-4 in 11 GP).
· RW Jakub Voracek stretched his assist streak to four-straight games (0-6-6) with an assist on Kuraly’s second of the night. He leads the club in assists with 0-11-11 in 11 games.
· C Boone Jenner recorded a point for a fourth consecutive contest (2-2-4) with an assist on Nyquist’s tally and now has 6-2-8 in 11 appearances.
· RW Oliver Bjorkstrand recorded the first assist on Nyquist’s goal to give him 5-9-14 in 11 games. He leads the club in points and ranks second in goals and assists.
POST-GAME VIDEO INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Saturday, November 13 vs. NY Rangers – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Sunday, November 14 Day Off
Monday, November 15 vs. Detroit – 7pm ET at Nationwide Arena
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS