Historical Happenings for November 9

On this date in 1967, Rolling Stone Magazine first issue came out. Here is a recent cover of the February 2021 edition. By Penske Media Corporation – https www.rollingstone.com, Fair use, https en.wikipedia.org

FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS

Rolling Stone is an American monthly magazine that focuses on music, politics, and popular culture. It was founded in San Francisco, California, in 1967 by Jann Wenner, and the music critic Ralph J. Gleason. It was first known for its coverage of rock music and for political reporting by Hunter S. Thompson. In the 1990s, the magazine broadened and shifted its focus to a younger readership interested in youth-oriented television shows, film actors, and popular music. It has since returned to its traditional mix of content, including music, entertainment, and politics.

The first magazine was released in 1967 and featured John Lennon on the cover and was published every two weeks. It is known for provocative photography and its cover photos, featuring musicians, politicians, athletes, and actors. In addition to its print version in the United States, it publishes content through Rollingstone.com and numerous international editions.

Penske Media Corporation is the current owner of Rolling Stone, purchasing 51 percent of the magazine in 2017 and the remaining 49 percent in 2019. Noah Shachtman became the editor-in-chief in 2021.

NOVEMBER 9 ALMANAC

1730s

1800s

1810s

1830s

1850s

1860s

1870s

1900s

1910s

1920s

1930s

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

2000s

COURTESY www.almanac.com

RELATED ARTICLES
NFL Week 13 Preview
2 days ago
NFL Week 12 Preview
2 weeks ago
NFL Week 9 Preview
4 weeks ago
Cincinnati Reds News
1 month ago
NFL Week 7 Preview
2 months ago
NFL News Week 5
2 months ago
NFL Week 4 Preview
2 months ago
NFL Week 3 Preview
2 months ago