Ohio State 33, Penn State 24
October 30, 2021
Ohio Stadium — 102,951
- Ohio State defeated Penn State 33-24 in front of 102,951 fans at Ohio Stadium, improving its record to 7-1 on the season and 5-0 in Big Ten play.
- Ohio State has won five consecutive games over Penn State, nine of the last 11 and leads the all-time series in wins, 22-14.
- The Buckeyes are 13-7 vs. the Nittany Lions in games played at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State has won 23 consecutive Big Ten Conference games. It is the longest streak in the Big Ten since Ohio State’s national-record 30-game conference winning streak from 2013-15.
- Ohio State came into the game tied with UTSA for most defensive touchdowns in the country with five. Ohio State took the lead with a sixth defensive touchdown after a Jerron Cage 57-yard fumble return off a Tyreke Smith strip sack in the second quarter.
- Garrett Wilson has at least one catch in 29 consecutive games, the 11th longest streak nationally. He led the Buckeyes with seven catches for 82 yards on the night.
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba hauled in six catches for the second-consecutive week, which is one shy of his career high. He had a team-high 97 yards and an average of 16.2 yards per catch.
- TreVeyon Henderson rushed for 158 yards, marking his third 100-yard rushing game of the season. Henderson also scored his 15th touchdown of the season.
- Ronnie Hickman tallied his fourth game with double-digit tackles with a game-high 14. It surpassed his previous season high of 11, which he recorded against both Minnesota and Rutgers.
- Defensive back Marcus Williamson made six tackles on the night, which was one-off his career high.
- Cameron Brown recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter, returning it 25 yards into Penn State territory.
- The Ohio State defense recorded four sacks, which marks the fourth game this season with four or more sacks.
- Kicker Noah Ruggles was 4-of-4 on field goal attempts in the game, hitting from 35, 23, 25 and 26 yards. He has now converted on 22 consecutive FGAs inside of 50 yards, including all 11 of his attempts as a Buckeye.
- Jesse Mirco punted three times for an average of 33 yards per punt and all three punts were downed inside the 20 yard line.
POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE AUDIO WITH HEAD COACH RYAN DAY
COURTESY OSU ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS