Running back ALVIN KAMARA of the New Orleans Saints, linebacker DEION JONES of the Atlanta Falcons and kicker GRAHAM GANO of the New York Giants are the NFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played in Week 7 (October 21, 24-25).
OFFENSE: RB ALVIN KAMARA, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
- Kamara totaled 179 scrimmage yards (128 receiving, 51 rushing) and 10 receptions, including a touchdown catch, in New Orleans’ Monday Night Football victory in Seattle. It marked the most receiving yards by a running back in a game this season.
- This is the second Offensive Player of the Week award for Kamara and first this season:
- 2020: Week 16
- 2021: Week 7
- He joins Dalton Hilliard and Mark Ingram as the only Saints running backs to earn the honor twice.
DEFENSE: LB DEION JONES, ATLANTA FALCONS
- Jones registered 15 tackles, three tackles for loss and a sack in Atlanta’s victory in Miami. It marked the most tackles by any NFC player in Week 7.
- This is the third Defensive Player of the Week award for Jones and first this season:
- 2017: Week 14
- 2019: Week 17
- 2021: Week 7
- He becomes the third Falcons defensive player to ever earn the honor three times, joining Pro Football Hall of Famer Deion Sanders and Chuck Smith.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K GRAHAM GANO, NEW YORK GIANTS
- Gano converted all three of his field goals – from 44, 49 and 53 yards – and both of his point after attempts for a total of 11 points in the Giants’ Week 7 victory over the Panthers.
- This is Gano’s fourth Special Teams Player of the Week award and second with the Giants:
- 2010 (with Washington): Week 16
- 2018 (with Carolina): Week 5
- 2020 (with N.Y. Giants): Week 9
- 2021 (with N.Y. Giants): Week 7
- He becomes the fourth Giants kicker ever to earn the honor multiple times.