CINCINNATI – The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics is excited to welcome fans back to Nippert Stadium this fall. UC is committed to putting the health and safety of its student-athletes, coaches, staff, fans, donors, sponsors and visitors at the front of everything we do.
UC announced several fan experience enhancements to game days at Nippert Stadium for the 2021 football season.
In line with guidelines set by University leadership, protocols for fans attending football games at Nippert Stadium are below.
- Fully vaccinated patrons are not required to wear a mask at outdoor athletic events. However, all attendees will be required to wear a mask or face-covering in any indoor space, including the Nippert Stadium West Pavilion, regardless of vaccination status, unless actively consuming food or beverage.
- The indoor mask requirement includes, but is not limited to, restrooms, elevators, suites and club seating areas, first aid rooms, the Shoe Tailgate at Fifth Third Arena and the press box.
- While wearing a mask outdoors is not mandated for vaccinated individuals, the CDC encourages all attendees — regardless of vaccination status — to wear a mask or face-covering while outdoors in crowded spaces, including athletic venues.
- Masks and face coverings must adequately cover both the nose and mouth of the wearer.
CLEAR BAG RECOMMENDED
- To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into Nippert Stadium, UC strongly encourages fans to follow its clear-bag policy.
- Exceptions to this policy will be made for all medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- Fans will be able to carry the following style and size bag, package, or container at stadium plaza areas, stadium gates, or when approaching queue lines of fans awaiting entry into the stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″and small clutch purses (smaller than 6.5″ x 4.5″)
- No buckles, grommets/hardware or décor can be concealing any part of the bag. The bag literally must be all clear.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziplock bag or similar).
- Adding over 15 new points of sale, which includes hawkers in the stands.
- All food and beverage prices will remain flat for the year. Fans will not see increased pricing.
- Select stands will have new combination meals, allowing for faster speed of service and fan favorites.
- The Catskeller will be closed for the season, however, the space will be utilized as a new grab-and-go area specific for beer and soft drink services.
- Nippert Stadium gates will be known by letter designations starting in 2021.
OLD NAME – NEW NAME
Gate 1 – Gate A
Gate 2 – Gate B
Gate 3A – Gate C
Gate 3B – Gate D
Gate 4 – Gate E
Gate 5 – Gate F
Gate 6 – Gate G
Gate 7 – Gate H
Gate 8 – Gate J
• Stadium gates open 90 minutes before game time.
- On campus tailgating will return this season! Grid plots and Rooftop Tailgate spaces are sold out for 2021.
- The Bearcats Fan Zone returns to the Grid in 2021! All fans are welcome to attend and see our expanding food and beverage offerings along with music at every game.
The Shoe Tailgate inside Fifth Third Arena returns for the 2021 season! UC will once again open the best on-campus basketball facility in the country four hours before kickoff to serve as an additional tailgating destination for fans.
- The Armory Bar will be fully operational with domestic and craft beers on tap and mixed drinks served by licensed bartenders.
- Concessions will be available, and both the menu and drink offerings will be catered to the kickoff time.
- The Shoe Tailgate takes place in the north and west portions of the facility and closes 30 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Admission is free and game tickets are NOT required to enjoy the tailgate as the arena is not located within the perimeter of the stadium.
- On college football Saturdays, the massive Jeff Wyler Vision videoboard with its 3.9 million LEDs will be dropped down from the ceiling as games from around the country will be played on televisions throughout the arena.
- In addition to the Armory Bar, there will be fun family activities such as pop-a-shot and corn hole on the concourses.
- Fans without season parking passes are encouraged to prepay for their gameday parking.
- Prepaid parking is $15 with access to Eden, Stratford or $20 for Woodside Garage.
- Visit our single game parking page to reserve your spot today.
- Gameday cash parking will be available in Eden Garage for $20.
- Bus shuttles from Eden Garage will run continuously and be ADA accessible.
UPDATED PARKING MAPS
- 2021 Season Football Parking Map
- 2021 Single-Game Football Parking Map
- 2021 Football Gameday Golf Cart Shuttle Map
- 2021 Football Parking Garage Traffic Flow Maps
- University Visitor’s Guide
GPS addresses for gameday garages are provided below:
SEASON PASS GARAGES
CCM: 270 CCM Boulevard
CALHOUN: 230 Calhoun St
CAMPUS GREEN: 2935 Campus Green Drive
CLIFTON COURT: 321 Clifton Court
CORRY: 51 W. Corry Boulevard
UNIVERSITY: 40 W. University Avenue
VARSITY VILLAGE: 200 Varsity Village Drive
SINGLE-GAME PREPAID GARAGES
EDEN: 3223 Eden Avenue
STRATFORD: 2630 Stratford Avenue
WOODSIDE: 2913 Woodside Drive
GAMEDAY CASH GARAGE
EDEN: 3223 Eden Avenue
TRAFFIC AND SHUTTLES
- Traffic approaching campus may be delayed by ongoing construction projects on I-71, I-74 and I-75.
- Please follow all traffic advisories and road signs for the quickest ingress to and ingress from campus.
- UC’s Department of Athletics will transition to digital ticketing for football in fall 2021.
- Ticket buyers will initially receive an email with a link(s) to each game they purchase tickets for, allowing them to download tickets to their Apple Wallet (iPhone) or Google Pay (Android).
- Just before reaching the venue gates, fans simply pull up the tickets with QR codes on their smartphone screen to show the gate attendant for scanning.
- If season-ticket holders are not comfortable attending games in person, UC’s Ticket Assurance Plan remains in place. Contact the ticket office at 1-877-CATS-TIX to learn more.
More information on accessing and managing mobile tickets can be found by visiting Cincinnati’s Digital Ticketing Guide (PDF).
- A digital clock will be on the sideline to count down the time remaining in television timeouts this season.
- The clock will be located on UC’s sideline, on the 20-yard line at the south end of the stadium.
- Play will resume when the clock hits 00:00.
TOYOTA TOUCHDOWN TERRACE
- A new standing-room only area, the Touchdown Terrace, is located in the northwest corner of Nippert Stadium.
- Groups of 20-30 have access to a great space overlooking the field with high-top tables and soda and bottled water included.
- Fans will have easy access to nearby concession stands and restrooms.
- Groups of 21 and up will can get tickets for $30 apiece.
- Contact the Athletics Ticket Office at 1-877-CATS-TIX to learn more.
UPDATED FOOTBALL GAMEDAY MAPS
- 2021 Football Football Gameday Overview Map
- 2021 Nippert Stadium Gate Entry Map
- 2021 Nippert Stadium Amenities Map
- 2021 Gridiron Tailgate Overview Map
- A new Motz Twenty-Four/Seven synthetic turf system and playing surface featuring alternating shades of green and permanent black end zones, a first in the 120-year history of Carson Field.
- Newly designed maps placed around campus to improve navigation to and from gameday landmarks.
- QR codes near pedestrian walkways for last-minute ticket purchases and quick access to digital pages like maps and other gameday information.
- Redesigned signage inside Nippert Stadium.
- Improved branding on concourses and entryways.
- A new graphic layout for the videoboard to improve legibility.
- Game presentation enhancements, including graphics, animations, and a new second half hype video.
ADDITIONAL 2021 GAMEDAY NOTES:
- Truly Rooftop Experience at the Wyler Terrace is nearly sold out, a very limited amount of tickets remain for Murray State and SMU.
- Buy online today!
COURTESY CINCINNATI ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS