The Washington Nationals announced the following roster moves Friday. Nationals President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Mike Rizzo made the announcements:
- Returned infielder Starlin Castro from the Restricted List
- Reinstated right-handed pitcher Austin Voth from the 10-day Injured List
- Placed outfielder Andrew Stevenson on the 10-day Injured list (retroactive to June 17) with an oblique strain
- Optioned right-handed pitcher Ryne Harper to Triple-A Rochester
- Right-handed pitcher Rogelio Armenteros cleared outright waivers and he has been assigned outright to Triple-A Rochester
Castro, 31, returns after missing two games on the Restricted List. He is hitting .239 with 11 doubles, two homers, 23 RBI, 17 walks and 14 runs scored in 63 games.
Voth, 28, missed nine games with a nose fracture suffered on June 2. Prior to the injury, he was 2-0 with a 2.73 ERA in 19 games (one start) for the Nationals.
Stevenson, 27, has appeared in 54 games, hitting .227 with two doubles, two homers, 10 RBI, six walks and 14 runs scored. His .350 (7-for-20) batting average as a pinch hitter ranks fifth in the National League.
Harper, 32, has appeared in five games out of Washington’s bullpen across three Major League stints this season. He has pitched to a 1.29 ERA (1 ER/7.0 IP) in those five games.
COURTESY WASHINGTON NATIONALS & MLBpressbox.com