Saturday, October 16 at Great American Ball Park
May 27th, 2021
Registrations are now open for the 20th annual CollegeAdvantage Redlegs Run presented by Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine on Saturday, October 16 at Great American Ball Park, benefiting the Reds Community Fund.
“The CollegeAdvantage Redlegs Run is a huge part of our past and present,” said Charley Frank, Reds Community Fund executive director. “It was our first-ever fundraiser back in September of 2002, celebrating the Reds’ final year at Cinergy Field. On the heels of last year’s virtual event, we’re excited to reconnect in-person with Reds fans of all ages and experience the thrill of finishing the race inside the ballpark.”
Runners, walkers and families have many options to participate:
- 10K: Chip-timed 6.2-mile course starts on Mehring Way behind Great American Ball Park, runs along the riverfront, crosses over the Ohio River on the Taylor Southgate Bridge into Newport, back across the Purple People Bridge and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
- 5K: Chip-timed 3.1-mile course starts on Mehring Way behind Great American Ball Park, runs along the riverfront and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
- One Mile Run/Walk: One-mile course starts on Mehring Way and finishes inside the ballpark on the warning track.
- Gapper’s Kids Fun Run: Kids run on the warning track around the field.
- Virtual Races: Run or walk anytime, anywhere and receive a race medal and t-shirt delivered to your door.
All events are for walkers and runners of all ages, except for the Gapper’s Kids Fun Run, which is limited to kids ages 10 and under.
Register online at www.reds.com/Run for discounted entry fees through September 1.
All participants will receive a custom finisher medal, “jersey-style” race t-shirt, post-race party in the First Star Fan Zone, free downloadable race photography, and one Reds promotional item.
Race sponsors include Cincinnati Reds, CollegeAdvantage, Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Trophy Awards, Prestige AV & Creative Services, Coca-Cola, Rumpke, Castellini Group of Companies, LaRosa’s and Skyline Chili.
COURTESY CINCINNATI REDS & MLBpressbox.com