FROM WIKIPEDIA COMMONS
The Saturday Evening Post is an American magazine, currently published six times a year. It was issued weekly under this title from 1897 until 1963, then every two weeks until 1969. From the 1920s to the 1960s, it was one of the most widely circulated and influential magazines within the American middle class, with fiction, non-fiction, cartoons and features that reached millions of homes every week. The magazine declined in readership through the 1960s, and in 1969 The Saturday Evening Post folded for two years before being revived as a quarterly publication with an emphasis on medical articles in 1971. As of the late 2000s, The Saturday Evening Post is published six times a year by the Saturday Evening Post Society, which purchased the magazine in 1982. The magazine was redesigned in 2013.
- 325: FIRST COUNCIL OF NICAEA (WHICH STANDARDIZED HOW TO CALCULATE THE DATE OF EASTER) LIKELY CONVENED
- DIED 2002: STEPHEN JAY GOULD (PALEONTOLOGIST & AUTHOR)
- 2009: RARE MADAGASCAR TEAL DUCK BORN, LOUISVILLE ZOO, KENTUCKY
- 2012: ANNULAR ECLIPSE OF THE SUN
- DIED 2012: ROBIN GIBB (MUSICIAN; MEMBER OF THE BEE GEES)
- 2014: UP TO 20 MILLION HONEYBEES ESCAPED FROM A TRACTOR-TRAILER AFTER IT OVERTURNED ON A HIGHWAY IN NEWARK, DELEWARE