THE GAME: Oregon State (19-12, 10-10 Pac-12) will face Loyola Chicago (26-4, 16-2 Missouri Valley) in the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 at 11:40 a.m. PT (2:40 p.m. ET) on Saturday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Ind.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on CBS with Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner calling the action and Dana Jacobson reporting from the sideline.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has defeated four Top 25 teams (No. 21 Oregon, No. 25 Oregon, No. 23 Colorado, No. 11 Oklahoma State), its most wins over ranked teams in a season since 1979-80 (No. 20 BYU, No. 16 UCLA, No. 19 Arizona State twice) … In the two NCAA Tournament games, the Beavers are shooting 44.9% (48-for-107) from the field and limiting its opponent to 30.5% (39-for-128) … Oregon State is shooting 42.1% (45-for-107) from beyond the arc and limiting its opponent to 25.2% (30-for-119) from deep during the current five-game winning streak … Ethan Thompson is averaging 19.5 points and 8.5 rebounds in the NCAA Tournament … Warith Alatishe is averaging 10.4 points and 10.0 rebounds during the current five-game winning streak … Roman Silva is averaging 11.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 3.5 blocked shots in the two NCAA Tournament games; he averaged 5.3 points, 2.4 rebounds and 0.5 blocks in the previous 29 games … Maurice Calloo is averaging 10.5 points in the two NCAA Tournament games; he averaged 5.2 points in the previous 29 games.
NCAA Tournament Notes: Oregon State is the No. 12 seed and will play No. 8-seed Loyola Chicago at 11:40 a.m. PT (2:40 p.m. ET) on Saturday in the Sweet 16:
- The Beavers are making their 18th appearance in the NCAA Tournament; it’s their first since 2016 and just the second time since 1990.
- Oregon State is 14-20 all-time in NCAA Tournament games.
- This is the first time Oregon State has won an NCAA Tournament game since the 1982 team won two before losing to Georgetown in the West Regional Final.
- The Beavers played in two Final Fours (1949 and 1963).
- Oregon State is 0-1 all-time against Loyola Chicago:
- 1927-28 season (exact date unknown): Loyola Chicago 29, Oregon State 19
- This will mark the second time in NCAA Tournament history that a No. 8 seed is playing a No. 12 seed.
- March 21, 2002: No. 12 Missouri 82, No. 8 UCLA 73
- Oregon State went 5-5 against teams that made the 2021 NCAA Tournament (all Pac-12 opponents) with wins over Colorado, Oregon (twice), UCLA and USC. The losses came against Colorado (twice), Oregon, UCLA and USC.
- Some Oregon State NCAA Tournament individual records include: 31 points by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89); 21 rebounds by Mel Counts vs. Seattle (3/11/63); 10 assists by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89); seven steals by Charlie Neal vs. Middle Tennessee State (3/15/75); four 3-point field goals by Jarod Lucas vs. Tennessee (3/19/21); 15 free throws made by Ethan Thompson vs. Oklahoma State (3/21/21) and Mel Counts vs. Seattle (3/10/64); 45 minutes by Gary Payton vs. Evansville (3/15/89).
- Oregon State has set three NCAA Tournament team records this year: 10 3-point field goals vs. Tennessee; 32 free throws made vs. Oklahoma State; 11 blocked shots vs. Oklahoma State.
- The Oregon State-Loyola Chicago winner will play the winner of No. 2-seed Houston and No. 11-seed Syracuse.
COURTESY OREGON STATE COMMUNICATIONS