Feb. 28, 2021
DAYTON – The University of Dayton women’s soccer team improves to 3-1-0 after a 1-0 shutout of visiting Marshall (1-1-0) in a non-conference match Sunday afternoon at Baujan Field. It marked the first NCAA Division I women’s soccer match at Baujan Field in 493 days.
• The Flyers had 25 shots, including nine on goal, while the Herd had just three shots, with two on frame.
• Dayton also dominated on corner kicks 6-0.
• UD did have five offside calls against them.
• Fouls were even with 11 on Dayton and 10 on Marshall.
• Senior Kara Camarco scored the game-winning goal in the 74th minute. Sophomore Jessica Sheldon set up the goal with a run down the flank and pass into the box. Fellow sophomore Laney Huber left it for Camarco who finished it beautifully under the diving keeper.
• The Flyers close out the non-conference portion of their season hosting Louisville at Baujan Field on Saturday, March 6 at 2 p.m. ET.
COURTESY DAYTON ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS