G • R-Sr. • 6-5 • 195
2020-21: 15.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg, .430 3-pt.%
• Averages 17.5 points (49% 3-pt.) in UD’s win this season
• Had 18 points (12 in the second half) in the win at Saint Louis
• Played in all 31 games with one start last season, averaging 10.1 ppg.
• Scored 30 (8-12 FG, 4-5 3-pt., 10-10 FT vs. Granbling) in that start
• Saw action in 35 games over two seasons at Michigan before transfer
• Michigan reached the NCAA title game his sophomore year
• Ibi Watson opened the season with a game-high 16 points (11 in
the first half) in the Eastern Illinois win. He added six rebounds.
• He scored 23 (9-14 FG) vs. SMU, including a game-tying threepointer with seven seconds left in the game.
• Watson scored 19 in the NKU win.
• He had 21 points and matched his career high of five assists in
the MSU win. He scored UD’s last two baskets to tie and give UD a
three-point lead ahead of clutch FTs that sealed the win.
• Watson scored 11 (3-4 3-pt.) against Ole Miss.
• Watson had 16 points (4-5 3-pt.) in the first Mason win.
• He scored 24 points (8 in overtime) at Davidson.
• Watson had 19 points (13 in the second half) vs. Duq at home.
• He led UD with 22 points vs. URI, with seven rebounds.
• He scored 10 points and had four assists in the first GW game.
• Watson scored 18 (12 in the second half) at Saint Louis.
• He had 20 points, five rebounds and three assists vs. GMU.
• Watson scored 20 at home against VCU.
• He scored 16 at Rhode Island.
• He scored 14 points (7 in a 3-minute stretch when Jalen
Crutcher was out getting his ankle looked at) in the SLU win.
• He was UD’s “sixth starter” last season, averaging 10.1 points
and 22.6 minutes a game, playing in all 31 games with one start.
• Watson had 16 points (4-8 3-pt.) against Kansas.
• He scored 30 in his first career start vs. Grambling (8-12 FG) and
was named A-10 Player of the Week.
• He played first two college years at Michigan, before
transferring to UD. Michigan made a run to the NCAA
Tournament Championship Game in his second season.
• In high school, he was a four-time All-Ohio selection (First
Team Division I as a senior) and as a freshman and sophomore,
a basketball teammate of Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow.
This season with the UD Flyers having such a young team, Ibi Watson and Jalen Crutcher have had to take over games in the second half.
Against St. Louis on Senior Night, a 76-53 win, Watson’s totals:
- PTS 14
- FGM 6
- 3FGM 2
- FTM 0
- MIN 32
INFORMATION COURTESY DAYTON MEDIA RELATIONS