This will be the lone meeting between the two teams this season
15/11 Ohio State vs. Purdue
Date: Feb. 18, 2021
Time: 4:00 p.m.
Venue: Columbus, Ohio — Value City Arena
Watch: BTN Plus+
COLUMBUS, Ohio – After the postponement of Sunday’s game, No. 15 Ohio State will get back out on the court Thursday afternoon when it hosts Purdue. This will be the lone meeting between the two teams this season. Both teams are looking to get back on track as each is coming off a loss their last time out. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. and the game will be streamed live on BTN Plus+
· Ohio State and Purdue are hooking up for the lone time this season when the two teams meet at Value City Arena on Thursday.
· The Buckeyes hold a 47-31 edge in the all-time series between the B1G foes and are 24-9 in games played in Columbus.
· Ohio State is itching to get back out on the court as will not have played in over a week because of the postponement of the Northwestern game on Sunday. The Buckeyes are 12-3 on the season and 8-3 in Big Ten play.
· Purdue opened conference action 2-1 with wins over Penn State and Nebraska but has since dropped nine of its last 10 including five straight. The Boilermakers are coming off a 75-57 setback to Rutgers at home last Sunday. Kayana Traylor (13.9 ppg) and Brooke Moore (10.9) are the two Boilermakers averaging in double figures.
· Dorka Juhasz was named to the Naismith Midseason Player of the Year Watch List. She is one of five players from the Big Ten on the list.
· Juhasz is riding a five-game double-double streak. That is the longest streak since Jantel Lavender did it five games in a row in 2010. Juhasz is also just 89 points away from 1,000 in her career.
· Aaliyah Patty had her streak of seven consecutive games with 10 or more points snapped on Wednesday at Wisconsin. But she is still averaging 12.0 points and 6.5 rebounds per game this season.
· All five Buckeye starters are averaging in double-figures led by Jacy Sheldon at 16.3 ppg.
· Braxtin Miller is the team’s leader both on and off the court but the Buckeyes sure need her on the court. Her numbers may not be eye-popping but her veteran presence can’t be quantified by a number. She fouled-out for the second time this season and just the third time in her collegiate career on Wednesday. The Buckeyes have lost both times she has fouled-out and Oklahoma State also lost to Iowa State on Jan. 24, 2018.
· Miller has had at least one steal in every game but the first game this season.
The People. The Tradition. The Excellence.
COURTESY OHIO STATE ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS