The 2021 NCAA DI men’s basketball tournament will be unlike any March Madness that has come before.
The NCAA announced in early January the entire 2021 men’s basketball championship will be played in Indiana, with the majority of the tournament’s 67 games taking place in Indianapolis. Selection Sunday is scheduled for March 14, with the Final Four scheduled for April 3 and 5. The NCAA also announced exact preliminary-round dates in January.
Here’s the schedule:
- Selection Sunday — March 14
- First Four — Thursday, March 18
- First round — Friday, March 19, and Saturday, March 20
- Second round — Sunday, March 21, and Monday, March 22
- Sweet 16 — Saturday, March 27, and Sunday, March 28
- Elite Eight — Monday, March 29, and Tuesday, March 30
- Final Four — Saturday, April 3
- NCAA championship game — Monday, April 5
Games will be played on two courts inside Lucas Oil Stadium, as well as Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Hinkle Fieldhouse, Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Mackey Arena in West Lafayette and Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall in Bloomington. Only one game at a time will be played at Lucas Oil Stadium. Teams will practice at the Indiana Convention Center with multiple courts set up inside the venue. All teams will be housed on dedicated hotel floors, with physically distanced meeting and dining rooms, as well as secure transportation to and from competition venues.
COURTESY NCAA COMMUNICATIONS