JAN. 21, 2021 II vs. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING II NATIONWIDE ARENA II 7 PM ET
Columbus: overall 1-2-2, 4 points (Home 0-0-1, 1 point)
Tampa Bay: overall 3-0-0, 6 points (Away 1-0-0, 2 points)
GAME AT A GLANCE
Columbus: O. Bjorkstrand (2), PP – N. Foligno (2)
Tampa Bay: B. Coleman (2), M. Joseph (2), B. Point (2)
Columbus: J. Korpisalo (34 saves, OTL)
Tampa Bay: A. Vasilevskiy (23 saves, OTW)
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- Columbus and Tampa Bay met for the first time since the 2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs when the Lightning earned a 4-1 series victory in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals. The two teams have met in the first round in each of the last two postseasons (CBJ 4-0 sweep in 2019).
- The Blue Jackets and Lightning played in their second-straight regular season overtime contest at Nationwide Arena. The Bolts earned a 1-0 victory in the most recent meeting on Feb. 10, 2020.
- CBJ played their second-straight overtime game, also falling 3-2 in Detroit on Tuesday in the last outing.
- Tonight marked the third-straight one-goal game for the Blue Jackets (1-0-2).
- Columbus scored the first goal of the game for the fourth time this season (0-2-2).
- The Blue Jackets finished 1-of-4 on the power play, scoring their first power play goal of the campaign.
- RW Oliver Bjorkstrand’s goal 21 seconds in is the fastest Blue Jacket goal in a home opener in franchise history. Geoff Sanderson scored 31 seconds into the club’s season opener on Oct. 6, 2001 vs. St. Louis.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
- RW Oliver Bjorkstrand (2-3-5, 5 GP) posted a multi-point effort for the second time in the last three games while stretching his point streak to three-straight contests (2-3-5) with a goal and an assist. The winger led the club in multi-point efforts in 2019-20 with 11. He has posted 3-2-5 in eight career regular season games against the Lightning.
- C Max Domi (0-2-2, 5 GP) picked up an assist for the second-straight contest after setting up Bjorkstrand’s first period tally. He has collected 2-3-5 in his last six appearances against the Lightning.
- C Nick Foligno (2-0-2, 5 GP) notched a goal for the second time in the last four games with his third period goal.
- RW Cam Atkinson picked up his first point of the season with an assist on the club’s third period power play goal.
- G Joonas Korpisalo registered a point for the second-straight start (1-0-2) after stopping 34 Lightning shots. He has posted a .935 save percentage in his three contests in 2020-21 (101-of-108).
POST-GAME ZOOM INTERVIEWS
CBJ UPCOMING SCHEDULE
Saturday, January 23 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning – 2 pm ET at Nationwide Arena
Sunday, January 24 DAY OFF – No Practice Scheduled
POSTGAME RECAP COURTESY OF BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS