FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: JANUARY 19, 2021
COLUMBUS, OHIO – The Columbus Blue Jackets play their 2020-21 regular season home opener on Thursday when they host the defending Stanley Cup champion Tampa Bay Lightning on Opening Night, presented by Nationwide, kicking off their 20th National Hockey League season. Today, the club announced a number of special promotional nights and activities planned for its 20th season, which is presented by Nationwide and OhioHealth, that will take place throughout this unique campaign.
While the season will begin without fans in attendance at Nationwide Arena, there are a number of promotions planned to allow fans at home to celebrate team accomplishments during both home and road games throughout the year:
- Every time the Blue Jackets score three goals in a home game, fans receive a free chili at participating Central Ohio Rooster’s locations the following day.
- Each time the Blue Jackets score two or more goals in a game, fans will receive 50 percent off one large regular menu priced Jet’s Pizza when they order online at www.jetspizza.com.
- If Columbus scores a goal in the second period, fans can head to Arby’s the next day to receive a free small curly fry.
- After each Blue Jackets win, fans can go to participating Ohio Tim Hortons locations to receive a free classic donut.
The club also will host a number of promotional nights, including six special 20th Anniversary Season Nights that will shine a spotlight on the club’s history with special content, highlight packages and the participation of a former Blue Jackets player. The first of these nights will feature former Blue Jackets defenseman Rostislav Klesla. The first draft pick in franchise history, he went on to appear in 515 games with the club from 2000-11 and ranks second on the franchise list for games played by a defenseman, trailing only Fedor Tyutin (553).
While specific details related to each promotional night will be released closer to the games, the 2020-21 promotional night schedule includes:
- Thursday, January 21 vs. Tampa Bay – Opening Night presented by Nationwide
- Thursday, January 28 vs. Florida – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by AEP
- Thursday, February 4 vs. Dallas – Hockey Fights Cancer Night presented by OhioHealth
- Saturday, February 20 vs. Nashville – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by Huntington
- Thursday, February 25 vs. Chicago – Hockey is For Everyone Night presented by Vorys
- Tuesday, March 2 vs. Detroit – First Responder Night presented by Jet’s Pizza
- Thursday, March 11 vs. Florida – Green Night presented by ADS
- Saturday, March 13 vs. Dallas – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by Kroger
- Thursday, March 25 vs. Carolina – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by OhioHealth
- Thursday, April 8 vs. Tampa Bay – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by Vorys
- Saturday, April 10 vs. Chicago – Kids’ Takeover presented by Bob Evans Farms
- Tuesday, April 27 vs. Detroit – Military Appreciation Night presented by Elk+Elk
- Wednesday, May 5 vs. Nashville – 20th Anniversary Season Game presented by Nationwide
The Blue Jackets return to action tonight when they visit the Detroit Red Wings. Game time from Little Caesars Arena is 7:30 p.m. ET. The game will be broadcast live on FOX Sports Ohio and the FOX Sports Go app with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. with the “Blue Jackets Live” pre-game show. The contest will also be broadcast on the Eldorado Gaming Scioto Downs Blue Jackets Radio Network, including CD92.9 FM in Columbus.
COURTESY BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS