JAN. 16, 2021 II at NASHVILLE PREDATORS II BRIDGESTONE ARENA II 8 PM ET
CBJ BROADCAST INFORMATION
TV: FOX Sports Ohio Jeff Rimer (play-by-play), Jody Shelley (color analyst), Dave Maetzold (reporter)
Radio: 97.1 The Fan Bob McElligott (play-by-play), Dylan Tyrer (host)
COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS (0-1-0, 0 pts.)
2019-20 Record: 33-22-15, 81 pts. (5th, Metropolitan Division)
2020 Playoffs: Beat Toronto, 3-2 (ECQR)… Lost to Tampa Bay, 4-1 (ECQF)
Goals: 2.57 Goals-For/2.61 Goals-Against… Shots: 32.5 Shots-For/29.9 Shots-Against
Power Play: 16.4 percent (27th, NHL)… Penalty Kill: 81.7 percent (12th, NHL)
Penalty Minutes: 6.5 PIM (1st-T, NHL)… Overtime Record (Shootout): 8-11-4 (0-4)
NASHVILLE PREDATORS (1-0-0, 2 pts.)
2019-20 Record: 35-26-8, 78 pts. (5th, Central Division)
2020 Playoffs: Lost to Arizona, 3-1 (WCQR)
Goals: 3.07 Goals-For/3.10 Goals-Against… Shots: 32.5 Shots-For/29.9 Shots-Against
Power Play: 17.3 percent (24th-T, NHL)… Penalty Kill: 76.1 percent (28th-T, NHL)
Penalty Minutes: 9.0 PIM (22nd, NHL)… Overtime Record (Shootout): 7-5-3 (3-3)
Players to Watch: D Roman Josi (2020 Norris Trophy winner); C Filip Forsberg (Led NSH with 21-27-48 in 63 GP in 2019-20)
Results: Columbus has gone 27-49-1-11 in 87 regular season games vs. the Predators, including a 9-30-1-6 mark on the road… Of Note: The clubs competed as Central Division rivals over 12 seasons from 2000-13… Columbus had a three-game regulation unbeaten streak (2-0-1) snapped in Thursday’s 3-1 loss… The Blue Jackets have gone 5-8-1 in its past 14 visits to Nashville after enduring a 17-game winless streak (0-12-0-5) from Nov. 18, 2006 to Apr. 8, 2011… Goals: CBJ – 195, NSH – 267… CBJ PP: 54-of-333 (16.2 pct.)…CBJ PK: 311-of-378 (82.3 pct.).
This Season (CBJ, 0-1-0)
Jan. 14 – at Predators 3, Blue Jackets 1
Jan. 16 – at Nashville
Feb. 18 – at COLUMBUS… Feb. 20 – at COLUMBUS
Feb. 27 – at Nashville… Feb. 28 – at Nashville
May 3 – at COLUMBUS… May 5 – at COLUMBUS
2019-20 Results (CBJ, 0-0-1)
Feb. 22, 2020 – at Nashville 4, Columbus 3 (SO)
Mar. 14, 2020 – Cancelled
CBJ TEAM NOTES
- The Blue Jackets are celebrating their 20th season as a member of the NHL in 2020-21.
- Thursday’s loss dropped Columbus to 4-3-0 all-time when opening a season on the road.
- Tonight’s game is the second of four consecutive road games to open the season for Columbus (at Detroit on Monday and Tuesday).
- This season marks the second time in club history the Jackets have opened a campaign with multiple road games (2008-09: two games – 5-4 OT win at Dallas and a 3-1 loss at Phoenix).
- The Blue Jackets are looking to avoid their third 0-2-0 start in the past six seasons (2015-16, 2016-17 and 2019-20), although the club rebounded to make the Stanley Cup Playoffs in 2017 and 2020.
CBJ PLAYER NOTES
- RW Cam Atkinson had his streak of scoring a goal in season-opening games snapped at six on Thursday, but he remains one of three players in NHL history to accomplish the fete (Yvan Cournoyer, MTL from 1973-79 and Mud Bruneteau, DET from 1940-45).
- LW Boone Jenner scored the Blue Jackets’ first goal of the season on Thursday night and has collected 114-110-224 in 490 games as a Blue Jacket. He took over sole position of fifth place on the club’s all-time goals list (was tied with David Vyborny) and is seventh on the all-time points list, one behind sixth place Brandon Dubinsky.
- C Pierre-Luc Dubois has played in 235 consecutive games, trailing only Jason Chimera (243 from Oct. 9, 2005-Apr. 5, 2008) and R.J. Umberger (288 from Oct. 10, 2008-Jan. 10, 2012) for the longest streak in CBJ history.
- RW Cam Atkinson is two goals shy of 200 in his CBJ/NHL career.
- C Pierre-Luc Dubois is seven assists shy of 100 in his CBJ/NHL career.
- LW Nick Foligno is four goals shy of 200 in his NHL career.
- D Seth Jones is two assists shy of 200 in his NHL career and five point shy of 200 as a Blue Jacket.
OhioHEALTH INJURY REPORT/ROSTER REPORT
- LW Gus Nyquist (shoulder surgery on Nov. 3; Injured Reserve) is expected to miss five-to-six months.
- C Mikko Koivu (COVID-19 protocols) is unavailable.
- TOTAL MAN GAMES LOST: 2.
GAME PREVIEW COURTESY OF BLUE JACKETS COMMUNICATIONS