The UCF football team (5-2, 4-2) is set to return to the Bounce House this weekend. The Knights will take on no. 7/7 Cincinnati (7-0, 5-0) Saturday at 3:30 p.m. with coverage on ESPN and FM 96.9 The Game. The game is presented by Addition Financial.
Date: Saturday, Nov. 21
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Radio: FM 96.9/AM 740 The Game
A UCF WIN WOULD…
• Be better than a loss
• Mark the Knights’ fourth win in the last five games against Cincinnati
• Give UCF 41 wins in its last 47 games
• Be Josh Heupel‘s 28th as head coach
• Mark the Knights’ 67th win at the Bounce House
Central Florida leads 3-2; In Cincinnati, Bearcats leads 2-1; In Orlando, Knights leads 2-0; Last year, Cincinnati won 27-24 on October 4, 2019. Streaks, UC 1-0.
ABOUT THE BEARCATS
• Cincinnati is in its fourth season under head coach Luke Fickell, who has an overall record of 33-13 with the Bearcats.
• This season, has started 7-0 and has earned a number seven ranking in both the Coaches and Associated Press Poll.
• The Bearcats are outscoring their opponents by 29.2 points per game and only allowing 12.4 points per contest on defense.
• Desmond Ridder has thrown for 1,483 yards and 14 touchdowns with another nine scores on the ground. Gerrid Doaks has scored seven times on the ground with 563 rushing yards in 2020.
ORLANDO’S HOMETOWN TEAM NOTE
success in all sports
• For the last three full seasons, every sport that plays a head-to-head schedule at UCF has finished with a winning record.
• The Knights were the only FBS athletics program in the nation to do so in both 2017-18 and 2018-19, and then did it again in 2019-20.
keep it rolling
• UCF set a program record with 540.5 yards of total offense per game in 2019, ranking second in the nation, behind only national champion LSU.
• Through seven games of 2020, the Knights have been markedly better, leading the nation with 619.1 yards of offense per game.
• As another reference point, the FBS record for yards of offense per game is 624.9 yards per contest by Houston in 1989.
riding with richie
• Richie Grant has been a leader on the defense for the last three years and entered 2020 on the watch lists for the Bednarik, Nagurski and Thorpe awards.
• Grant has been named first-team all-conference in The American in two consecutive seasons and picked off six passes in 2018.
• He currently ranks second in the nation with two fumble recoveries and fourth with three interceptions.
• Grant’s three interceptions this season give him 10 for his career, which ties him with Josh Robinson for fifth most in UCF history.
• He is also tied for fourth all-time at UCF with seven career forced fumbles.
• Among active FBS players, Grant ranks fifth in career interceptions, eighth in forced fumbles and ninth in solo tackles (174 in his career).
DID YOU KNOW?
Wide receiver Amari Johnson leads the Knights with six special teams tackles.
GAME PREVIEW WRITTEN BY Daniel Forcella; COURTESY UCF ATHLETIC COMMUNICATIONS